The WICS Library comprises books on various diversity-related topics. Everybody is cordially invited to borrow and read them!
Currently the library comprises the following books:
- Beard, M.: Women & Power
- Castañeda, M., Isgro, K. (Eds.): Mothers in Academia
- Cooper, S.: How to be Successful without Hurting Men’s Feelings
- Criado Perez, C.: Invisible Women – Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
- Korotov, K., Florent-Treacy, E., Vries, M.K. de, et al. (Eds.): Tricky Coaching – Difficult Cases in Leadership Coaching
- Lamont, M.: How Professors Think – Inside the Curious World of Academic Judgment
- Meyer, E.: The Culture Map
- Pao, E.: Reset – My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change
- Rippon, G.: The Gendered Brain – The New Neuroscience that Shatters the Myth of the Female Brain
- Sandberg, S.: Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead
- Sandberg, S.: Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
- Seltzer, R.: The Coach’s Guide for Women Professors: Who Want a Successful Career and a Well-Balanced Life
- Stewart, A.J. and Valian, V.: An Inclusive Academy: Achieving Diversity and Excellence
- Wachter-Boettcher, S.: Technically Wrong – Sexist Apps, Biased Algorithms, and other Threats of Toxic Tech
Let us know if you have further suggestions of books to add to the collection!
We have up to three copies of all books listed above. Once the new coffee room of the department is ready, they will be placed there for easy access. Until then they can be found in Anna-Lena’s office (5.65).
We gratefully acknowledge the support from the Science Faculty’s Diversity Seed Funding that enabled us to initiate this project.