WICS Sets Up “Diversity Library”
WICS has started to set up a “Diversity Library” with books on a variety of diversity-related topics that we consider interesting reads for staff and students at the Faculty of Science. Everybody is welcome to borrow these books, just please return them after reading. Currently the collection comprises the following books:
- Reset – My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change (Ellen Pao)
- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead (Sheryl Sandberg)
- Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy (Sheryl Sandberg
- Mothers in Academia (Edited by Mari Castañeda and Kirsten Isgro)
- The Coach’s Guide for Women Professors: Who Want a Successful Career and a Well-Balanced Life (Rena Seltzer)
- How Professors Think – Inside the Curious World of Academic Judgment (Michèle Lamont)
- Tricky Coaching: Difficult Cases in Leadership Coaching (Edited by Konstantin Korotov, Manfred Kets de Vries, Andreas Bernhardt and Elizabeth Florent-Treacy)
There are three copies of all books. One set has been placed in each of the two coffee rooms of the department (BBG 4th and 5th floor), the third set is meant for being taken to WICS events.
We gratefully acknowledge the support from the Science Faculty’s Diversity Seed Funding that enabled us to initiate this project.